Thursday, March 27, 2014

Portraits

I drew a picture of myself from when i was three years old (i think..) for this assignment. I am quite happy about the way it came out but its not my favorite drawing i have made.
Original Picture
Artist Solve Problems:
While drawing my portrait i found myself thinking that what i was making looked really creepy. At first i didn't exactly know what to do considering i couldn't figure out what exactly it was that was bothering me, but then my lovely art teacher helped me come to the conclusion that what was bothering me were the eyes. They were not level. Taking my teachers suggestion, i made the top of the eyelid move down a bit. After fixing the eyes i moved on to work on other features, but the eyes were still bugging me. I decided to do something similar to what my teacher suggested but in reverse. The eyes were to far apart so i extended the inner corner to make the eyes not look so far apart. And after everything, i think the portrait looks much less creepy.
Sketch

Artist Reflect:
Throughout this project, i had to stop and look at what i was doing a lot because as mentioned before the eyes were giving me  hard time. Not only were the eyes difficult, but  the shading as well. I have a tendency to shade something then process what i just did which comes back to bit me because its sometimes hard to erase dark shading. This time though, i made sure to think before actually shading.
Final







No comments:

Post a Comment