Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Color Project

In progress:
For my color project, I decided to choose the theme "Creature". Immediately, I thought of one of my favorite band's recent album cover. It features a weird looking creature that I wanted to put my own spin too.

I decided to eliminate the fine detail of the creature and change the base of its face from black to a bunch of rainbow lines.After debating between using colored pencils or oil pastels for the lines, I chose colored pencils because I liked the cleaner look.
Basic Planning (The picture wouldn't rotate
no mater what I tired -_-)
So far I haven't come across any difficulties. This piece certainly isn't the hardest thing I have every tired to make. I am essentially just drawing lines...which is starting to drive me insane.

In progress
Finished
I am extremely happy with the outcome of this project. My goal was to create something extremely trippy and fun to make. This project met both of those goals. I really love the bright colors i used and the contract between the rainbow face and the black and white background.

If I could change one thing it would be to go back and add more detail to the horns, mouth, and other facial features. Later when I have time, I will probably go back and do so.

From this project I learned not to underestimate the amount of time it takes to draw simple lines and designs because I almost went insane from the repetitiveness and the extreme amount of time it took. 
Final Product


No comments:

Post a Comment